Trade buyer account manager
London , United Kingdom
Eporta is the leading trade marketplace for interiors products and we are revolutionising the $700bn/yr wholesale furniture industry. Sourcing for interior designer products is a complex process, information is fragmented which makes it time consuming and admin intensive to find great products. Eporta exists to solve this issue. We help trade buyers (interior designers, architects and retailers) to source products directly from over 1,000 furniture brands and suppliers globally.
How do we do it?
- we travel the world to discover the best products and designers, partnering with well-known design brands such as Vitra, Cassina, Tom Dixon and Moroso in additionto hundreds of emerging designers.
- we translate supplier product information into simple and elegant digital catalogues which are easy for buyers to shop from
- we build intuitive technology to facilitate direct communication between suppliers and buyers, and enable them to manage their workflow seamlessly
- we talk to our buyers, who are located in over 50 different countries, every day. We listen and we respond.
Why are we exciting?
The value of what we are doing is proven by the people who choose to work with us. We have been the digital partner for every trade show in the UK, including Decorex, 100% design, Tent and Clerkenwell design week and are now the leading global community online for furniture brands and trade buyers.
We are a young, entrepreneurial business where every individual’s ideas matter. Often ideas that team members have one day are put into action that week, so if you’re looking for a challenging environment where you make an impact every day in what you do, this is the place for you.
We are also backed by well-known, experienced investors. Our lead investor is Robin Klein(Index ventures) with others including Ed Wray (founder of Betfair), Rohan Blacker (founder of sofa.com), Guy Hands (founder of Terra Firma) and the founding team at Zoopla.
We are looking for someone exceptional to be a driving force in our trade buyer onboarding and account management team.
- signing up new buyers to the platform through directly approaching them or responding to inbound membership requests
- travelling to offices and studios to demo eporta, showcasing expertise in the eporta platform and the brands available
- becoming a trusted advisor to the Buyers you manage, engaging with them throughout their journey on eporta, suggesting products when needed, and ensuring they have a positive end-to-end experience every time
- help to define the buyer on-boarding and account management strategy, shaping the future of this role
- utilise your close buyer relationships to provide feedback and suggestions on the eporta platform as well as identify opportunities to showcase your buyers in editorial content
- achieve individual sales and business targets
- you will absolutely love networking and meeting new people, and you consider talking to strangers and cold calling effortless.
- you will have a passion for interior design and architecture, knowing how to ‘talk the talk’ as well as having a strong eye for design and personal taste.
- two or more years of relevant work experience (account management, sales, procurement or sourcing)
- excellent presentation skills
- previous experience within, or a demonstrable affinity for, the interior design industry
- excellent written and verbal communication skills over email and phone
- able to work independently and effectively
- a go-getter and time-efficient individual
- fluent speaker in Spanish, German, Italian or French is advantageous but not necessary
- this is a unique opportunity to join an exceptionally well supported business at an early stage and see and shape how a company scales
- you will be granted freedom and autonomy in your role, and as our business quicklychanges and grows, you’ll be provided with numerous opportunities to shape and grow your career in parallel
- gain incredible exposure to the interior design community and unparalleled knowledge of interior design brands
- compensation details
- competitive salary and equity depending on experience
This is a unique opportunity to combine high level strategy and on the ground activity, in a small, dynamic team with a wide range of experience.
Company culture and team dynamics are hugely important to us. We push forward fast, take initiative to do whatever needs doing, and we work as a team.
Application deadline: 24 March 2017
How to apply
Cover letters and CVs can be sent to email@example.com.