BIG is looking for a business development manager to join its office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
At BIG we are looking for a new member to join our business development team and be responsible for handling acquisitions and pre-qualifications in the EMEA market (Europe, Middle East and Asia), with the flexibility and interest to support on the various countries within this market based on demands. As business development manager you will be involved in developing our market strategy and through your work helping to define BIG’s future. You will take the lead in increasing BIG’s presence in the various markets the Copenhagen offices serves, by developing new client relationships, finding the right opportunities and defining a clear go-to-market strategy. The role includes great personal development potential in an international creative environment where the level of ambition is high.
BIG is a partner-owned architecture company, characterised by an entrepreneurial spirit, true teamwork across expertise areas and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify the staff.
Our firm is characterised by creativity, high energy and a unifying team spirit. We now number 500 employees between Copenhagen, New York and London.
You will be based in Copenhagen and work closely with the business development team as well as the partner group and management leaders.
As business development manager, you will:
- give active support to the business development partners
- manage junior personnel in the business development department
- prepare responses to RFQs/RFPs/RFIs
- manage approaches and pitches to secure new direct commissions/clients
- prepare time schedules, fee and scope estimations with support from management leaders
- assess and develop recommendations for potential new projects
- prepare fee proposals and negotiate these
- manage client relations and host client visits
- assist in contract negotiations
- represent BIG at selected conferences, lectures, events
- assist in market research and development of marketing material
- maintain CRM databases
- prepare regular status updates
BIG is looking for applicants with:
- minimum of five+ years’ experience from similar or related position
- masters level degree in either marketing, business, communication and/or architecture, or related field
- proficiency in MS Office & Adobe CS (particularly InDesign)
- experience with CMS client management software is a plus
- fluency in English (fluency in another language is a plus)
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- an interest and affinity with market research
- an understanding of architecture, building procedures and urban planning is recommended
- self-discipline and confidence in an ad hoc environment.
How to apply
Application deadline is Friday December 7, 2018. All suitably qualified applicants should complete the application form and attach any relevant documents such as cover letter, CV and recommendation letters. This is a full-time position and the right candidate will ideally start in February/March 2019.
For any questions please contact, Jennifer Zitner, head of business development at firstname.lastname@example.org.