Dimore Studio has an opening for a project manager to join its team in Milan, Italy.
Reports to: architecture and design manager
Line reports: project developers
Business unit: creative
Main job objective: the project manager is the person responsible for delivering every project on time within budget and scope.
Essential job responsibilities:
- meets with clients during the presentations
- estimates the amount of required materials, equipment, and construction time coordinating this hypothesis with the arch/design director
- directs project developers who prepare drawings and documents
- prepares scaled drawings with computer software and by hand
- prepares possible contract documents for building contractors
- manages possible construction contracts
- visits worksites to ensure that construction adheres to the project
- follows the project at all the phases (preliminary, design development, final design, worksite monitoring)
- creates a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs coordinating this hypothesis with the arch/design director
- places orders for materials/furniture/object/fabrics and oversee installing the design elements
- undertakes a final visit of the job site to put together a punch list of the last remaining items
- presents technical/creative proposals to the arch/design art director
Collaboration: partners with internal colleagues to address business challenges and understands the need to work well with others to beat the competition.
Communication: adapts communication style, tools and approach to meet the needs of different audiences and levels in the organisation. Responds to queries/issues in a timely manner.
Team development: provides growth opportunities, feedback and coaching to develop employees.
Drives results: leads self and others in setting and attaining goals within a continually evolving environment. Overcomes obstacles and takes responsibility for outcomes.
Planning and organisational skills: sets priorities according to workload, is able to multi-task, and consistently meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial: makes things happen for the business using out-of-the-box thinking and a willingness to take risks. Continually looks for ways to innovate or take existing products, processes and services to a new level.
Financial: demonstrates awareness and accountability for expense control and department spending. Makes financially responsible decisions, while upholding the brand image, identity, and integrity.
Functional skills: applies up-to-date professional and technical knowledge and expertise to business problems.
Hire and staff: identifies, selects and on-boards talent that meets business needs and embraces the Dimore Studio culture.
Professionalism and attention to detail: stays on top of all business affairs and ensures everything is working in an impeccable manner.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.