Ennead Architects is seeking an intermediate interior designer to join its team in New York.
What we create is rooted in how we work!
Ennead Architects an award-winning, internationally recognized architecture firm specializing in cultural and institutional projects. Our portfolio is diverse in typology, scale and location and includes new construction, renovation and expansion, historic preservation, interior design and master planning. We are seeking an intermediate interior designer to join our firm.
The successful candidate while working with junior designer(s) and under the supervision of a senior designer and/or project manager, provides design support and is actively involved in all phases of design from programming, concept, space planning, design development, detailing, documentation and involvement in construction administration, as well as FF&E selection, specification and procurement.
What you can expect to do:
- space planning and conceptual design skills
- development of layouts for typical rooms/space types
- development of material palettes
- graphic and material presentations for in-house and client meetings
- construction documentation and coordination
- programming with user groups for FF&E
- furniture budgets and specifications, bid packages
- extensive knowledge of furniture systems and materials appropriate for education, healthcare and institutional work
- must be able to work on multiple projects at one time
- familiarity with building systems, codes and ADA requirements
What we expect of you:
- degree in interior design or interior architecture
- minimum seven plus years of relevant experience
- strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, Word and other design related software
- working towards NCIDQ and LEED/WELL accreditation preferred
What you’ll love about Ennead
Ennead care about its people and the well-being of its staff. We focus on your physical and mental wellbeing in addition to your professional growth.
Some of the things we offer are:
- full medical suite: medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance
- invest in your future with our 401K plan
- access to discounted perks, gym membership, dining and more!
- various health and wellness initiatives
- plus, opportunity to participate in the mentorship program
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Please submit your resume and portfolio using this link.