Hayhurst and Co Architects is looking for a practice manager to join its growing team in London.
Hayhurst and Co is a friendly London-based architecture studio working on a range of educational, community and residential projects from our sunny roof-top studio in Spitalfields.
We are looking for a practice manager with experience in architecture and/or design-related workplaces to support our team. This will involve working closely with the directors and associates to ensure the smooth operation of the practice and create an enjoyable working environment for staff.
We think this is a 20-24 hour a week role – the specific hours/ days are flexible to suit the preferred candidate.
- setting up and maintaining fee schedules for live projects
- preparing and issuing invoices
- liaising with external accountant
- paying invoices
- co-ordinating staff expenses
- liaising with professional indemnity insurer
- update internal time-keeping and financial database
New business co-ordination:
- maintaining a tracker of tender opportunities/live bids/deadlines
- compiling and co-ordinating bid responses
- maintaining marketing and promotion material
Social media/public relations:
- co-ordinating content on social media platforms
- carrying out updates to the websites
- liaising with external PR consultants
- preparing awards submissions
- liaising with external IT support
- maintaining IT records and support with IT systems
- annual updates to our staff handbook
- monitoring annual leave and sick leave
- organising work experience placements
Health and safety:
- being the consultancy’s first aider and fire marshal
- carrying out risk assessments
General office administration:
- arranging team meetings
- monitoring office supplies, stationery and equipment
- maintaining and reviewing subscriptions, bills and insurances
- ad-hoc administration duties
- experience in a similar role, preferably at a design consultancy
- excellent organisational skills
- strong communicator
- high standard of written and spoken English
- experience of financial administration
- proactive and logical approach to problem-solving
- ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- competent in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- interest in architecture and design
- knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be an advantage
- basic Adobe Photoshop skills would be an advantage
Hayhurst and Co is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the London Practice Forum. We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please submit a CV and a supporting statement (maximum one page A4) outlining your reasons for applying and experience relevant to the role via the apply for job button below.
The salary will be £34-£40k FTE per annum (depending on experience) plus company benefits. The start date is May/June 2023.
The deadline for applications is Monday 1 May 2023.