Heatherwick Studio has an opportunity for a contracts manager to join its practice in London.
Location: London Kings Cross
Closing date: 14 December 2018
Are you confident scoping a large complex architectural design project?
Can you put together a fee proposal and negotiate with new international clients?
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast paced environment which is never boring?
If your answer is yes to all the above, you are exactly what we are looking for the contracts manager role.
As the studio getting busier we are expanding our business development and contracts team with this newly created role.
You should have extensive experience at negotiating design contracts for international design studios. You will be instrumental in securing new projects and protecting the studio’s interests in its ever-evolving twisting and turning adventure.
Your key responsibilities include:
- work closely with internal and external stakeholders to agree appropriate design scopes, resources, fees and expenses
- negotiating with existing and new international clients on design contracts and legal documents
- draft and amend design contracts with particular attention to legal details
- drive and manage multiple contract negotiation process effectively
- work closely with design teams to administrate design contracts
- manage and provide solutions to any contract variations
You should be:
- experience in estimating design fees and expenses
- awareness of developing suitable scopes and resources to carry out complex international design projects
- experience to carry out legal and commercial contract reviews, highlighting issues and risks to the studio
- Strength of character to handle high-pressure situations such as client contract negotiations in order to represent the studio’s position on contract matters in a firm but an amicable manner
- judgement to recommend possible ways to resolve contract issues.
- driven to push the resolution of fee and contract issues in a timely manner
- excellent drafting skills to prepare and amend commercial and legal documentation, such as design agreements, consultant collaboration agreements, NDAs, fee proposals, scope of services
- excellent communication skills to present any fee or contract issues in a clear and concise manner
- organised to keep contract documents and fee information in good order
- personable to build relationships with prospective clients and consultants
- ability to carry out design contract administration to keep the studio aware of its obligations and resolve any contract issues
Please apply here with a CV and covering letter.
Heatherwick Studio is a team of over 200 problem solvers dedicated to making the physical world around us better for everyone. Based out of our combined workshop and design studio in central London, we create buildings, spaces, master-plans, objects and infrastructure. Focusing on large scale projects in cities all over the world, we prioritise those with the greatest positive social impact.