Make is currently looking for a Part-II qualified architect to join its growing team in Hong Kong.Hong Kong studio, full-time, three-month fixed-term contract with the potential to be extended/permanent.
Make is a studio of highly creative and talented architects and designers who have acquired considerable professional experience designing advanced, complex and iconic buildings. We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to creating an open and egalitarian working environment. We’ve been listed in the Sunday Times ‘Best Small Companies to Work For’ ranking for three consecutive years, and were the AJ100 Practice of the Year 2014 and the AJ100 Employer of the Year 2016.
Our Hong Kong studio consists of seven designers and an office manager. We’re looking for someone to join this tight team who has specific experience in the following areas:
– working with the LDI on complex projects
– technical details when a project is on site
– atending meetings with the client, project managers and contractors
– working in a small team to deliver to tight deadlines
– working on projects in Hong Kong and mainland China
Design experience and skills required
Additional key experience and skills required for the role include:
- excellent drawing and presentation skills
- ability to employ technical theories, construction techniques and processes
- ability to identify problems and offer possible solutions
- knowledge of technical standards and regulations
- knowledge of factors involved in the management of architectural projects
- knowledge and understanding of interior architecture and design
- understanding of building technologies and environmental design
- understanding of duty of care arising from the relationships between clients, architects and consultants as well as employer and employees
- excellent graphics skills – Adobe Creative Suite
- ability to use Microstation/learn it quickly
- fluency in spoken and written Mandarin reading and writing, especially technical terms – Cantonese knowledge is an advantage
At Make we look for people who not only have the required experience and skills but also fit the culture. We are an employee-owned practice, which means every employee is a partner.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is:
- an excellent communicator
- proactive, innovative, resourceful and self-motivated
- organised and methodical, with an emphasis on efficient time management
- able to multi-task
- approachable and helpful, and thrives in a busy environment
If you have the drive to succeed in this creative and challenging environment, please email your CV, portfolio and salary expectations to: [email protected]
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
No agencies please
CVs from agencies will not be accepted by Make Ltd.