Martha Schwartz Partners is looking for a senior landscape architect to join its practice in London.
As a senior landscape architect, you will ensure that Martha Schwartz Partners remains at the forefront of cutting-edge design solutions and that the company’s vision, mission and goals are advanced.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
Experience: generally 7+ year’s experience
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, diploma
Professional accreditation: registered or chartered or pursuing registration
- ensure that all design work is completed to the highest standard and in line with the company strategy/philosophy and QA systems and procedures
- represent the company to major clients and professional associations
- assist in mentoring team members on building materials and construction technology, materials and installation and technical detailing
- develop, mentor and lead design teams – teaching, leading and inspiring junior members of staff to strive for design and technical excellence
- responsible for channelling and enhancing the talents of team members
- responsible for orientating and inducting new employees
- assist with the recruitment of design staff as required
- training and CPD
- ensure that the design teams are aware of trends and improvements in both techniques and technology that are relevant to achieving world class technical design capacity and project innovation
- responsible for the overall design and prod
- ensure the overall design direction of the project is fulfilled and properly communicated to the design team (working under the direction of the directors)
- ensure design reviews and quality assurance procedures take place on a regular basis
- attend and participate in design reviews on all projects as required teaching and inspiring others to strive for design and technical excellence
- ensure highest quality technical standards are met on each project (working under the direction of the directors)
- identify opportunities to improve the quality/format of the end product in co-ordination with the associate directors and directors
- primary point of contact with client on project-specific co-ordination issues
- facilitate and participate in the co-ordination with external consultancy teams involved in projects
- ensure that projects are delivered on time to the highest standard
- responsible for the management of the project progress, scope, program and budget
- responsible for the distribution and management of day to day project related tasks
- responsible for maintaining project files and records
- responsible for sending and receiving project information
- travel within and outside the UK
- responsible for direct client communications and co-ordination
- attend strategic project/client meetings to communicate/defend design intent
- listen to the client’s requirements and communicates to the design teams ensuring the client’s expectations are met
- pursue strategic client relationships
Please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below, with a cover letter, CV and portfolio.
Martha Schwartz Partners is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.