Schmidt Hammer Lassen is looking for a head of communications to join its team in Copenhagen.
Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects is seeking an enthusiastic and forward-thinking communications professional to lead our worldwide communications, press liaison, publications and exhibitions, events, lectures and web presence along with internal communications. You will be part of a dedicated communications and business development team based in our Copenhagen office covering all communications and PR tasks across our three offices.
Reporting to and working closely with our CCO as well as our partners and managers, you will be in charge of developing and implementing an integrated communications strategy to create awareness of the architecture of Schmidt Hammer Lassen, achieve business goals, and drive growth. It will be a dynamic and diverse role, which requires an understanding of design and architecture at all scales and across all sectors.
You are a first-class media operator with a strong news sense and judgement with experience of working in a complex environment. You have a proven record of accomplishment from working effectively with strategic communication and developing solid working relations with the media.
You will be able to work under pressure to produce accurate and engaging copy with the ability to translate complex architectural terminology into plain English. You will use your communications skills to help make sure our work resonates with our key audiences across the globe whether you are writing presentations, briefings, press releases or developing social media content.
- establish global communications strategies in accord with business development goals
- determine opportunities within the organization and translate them into communication plans within a broader context
- initiate and identify external prospects to support strategic goals
Desired skills and expertise:
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in internationally reputable firms
- relevant experience in public relations/public affairs in the creative industry or cultural sector is an asset
- superior communication and organisational skills
- knowledge of architecture and design world
- competency with implementing social media platform strategies
- proficient copywriting and editing skills
- self-disciplined with a hands-on approach
- ability to excel in a fluid, cross-functional and collaborative team environment
- fluent in English. Full professional proficiency language/s is a plus
- ability to work on multiple assignments and deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organisational skills
With 30 years of experience, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects is one of Scandinavia’s most recognised and award-winning architectural practices. Working out of studios located in Copenhagen, Aarhus and Shanghai, we provide skilled architectural services all over the world, with a distinguished track record as designers of international high-profile architecture. We are deeply committed to the Nordic architectural traditions based on democracy, welfare, aesthetics, light, sustainability and social responsibility.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter, in English, noting the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be in the form of a single PDF document of less than 5MB.