Burberry is hiring a retail space and events designer to join its team in London.
Interpreting and implementing the brand’s design vision to the beauty category and balancing this with the commercial considerations from our licensor.
Reporting into the creative director – beauty, with a dotted reported line reporting to the senior designer beauty architecture.
The designer will work across a broad and varied remit including owning point of sale creative; from large retail podiums through to smaller centrally produced units, collaborating with the art direction team closely on pop-ups and event concepts and production, plus supporting on permanent beauty architecture.
The designer will work from researching concepts through to design and technical detailing for internal review as well as overseeing external production and QA.
Providing the Burberry Beauty business with design and architecture creative services, developing highly creative temporary and permanent Burberry Beauty elements, environments and guidelines for global roll-out across all channels of distribution.
- working to develop market leading beauty and fragrance concepts, in-line with the business and market requirements
- working closely with CMD art direction to interpret campaigns to create beauty environments across POS, and pop-up environments that are ‘experience’ led for our consumer
- creating strong branded POS elements necessary to enable successful campaign launches and evergreen brand presentations
- developing key relationships with the COTY merchandising teams to better understand key product launches and all customer and market insights relevant for beauty POS and architecture projects
- support the senior designer POS architecture – beauty, to establish beauty and fragrance POS launch profiles based on business needs (flagship, standard and format doors)
- manage and develop key Beauty POS projects on a daily basis, working in collaboration with key corporate and regional partners
- liaise with regional teams and distributors to make sure that all temporary environments, and launch elements are to brand standards and function to the established guidelines and specific market needs, as required
- ensure close collaboration with other partner teams within architecture to ensure a coherent image across all points of customer interaction
- research and develop across multiple projects, creating bodies of work for internal and external approvals and creative discussion
- communication of design ideas to cross functional collaborators and external teams, through research, references and appropriate outputs i.e. sketches/hand-drawings, renders or scale drawings
- provide creative input on spirit and mood, physical and digital experience, location, lighting, materiality, graphics and branding
- partner with parallel teams in-house for project input from graphics, digital and art direction and architecture
- source material samples and references, creating mock-ups and proof of principle models to ensure material direction is in keeping with Burberry established palette
- be well informed, aware of current fashion and trends and bring fresh ideas
- be self-motivated and highly organised to deliver consistently against agreed deadlines
- drive to deliver the vision
- regular presentation and pitching of creative concepts
- BA/BSc design degree
- CAD drawing experience
- Mac Literate (Vectorworks/SketchUp/Adobe CS/Office)
- key understanding of details and materiality
- luxury industry experience
- creative eye and passionate
- organised and clear communicator