Diller Scofidio + Renfro is seeking a creative and energetic marketing manager to join its team in New York.
The marketing manager should have a commitment to the impact of design in the changing role of institutions and the future of cities. Your mission will be to improve the firm’s process and capabilities to research, qualify, pursue, and win world-class projects.
DS+R is building a dynamic marketing team with layers of experience and crossover functionality of skills and expertise. Reporting to the director of strategy, you will work alongside a dedicated team of public relations and business development specialists. In addition, you will work directly with the firm’s partners and principals, as well as other key creative leaders within the studio.
The marketing manager’s responsibilities span the proposal process, from market research and risk analysis through schedule and content management, sub- consultant team assembly, writing and copy editing, document quality control, and presentation preparation.
You will work with the firm’s partners and other key leaders to conduct
reconnaissance on clients and prospective clients.
You will lead the proposal process and provide active support to:
- craft tailored responses to engage the interest of potential public and private clients across a spectrum of typologies around the world, with a focus on civic-minded cultural, institutional, and public-space projects
- prepare regular status updates, while tracking and populating internal
databases of DS+R’s completed submissions and ongoing opportunities
- build and sustain momentum, keeping an eye on the big picture while managing details, and inspiring collaboration and performance to get things done
- you will also collaborate with other members of the marketing team to create insightful and captivating content for various platforms, including the website and social media
- bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
Educational background in art history, architectural history, architecture or
design is preferred
- minimum of five years of experience in similar roles, with general marketing and communications responsibilities, deep engagement with the proposal process, and management with a marketing group.
- the ability to write convincingly and edit critically, while demonstrating
commitment and integrity, as well as passion and enthusiasm for your work
- experience working in architecture and/or design; experience with an award-winning, international “signature” practice is preferred
- excellent planning, organization, and communication skills, a predilection for fast-paced processes, a keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- fluency in English – spoken and written; fluency in other languages is a plus
- proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite as well as Microsoft Office and other
- an open, collegial, and flexible approach to working with others, with the
confidence and self-discipline to succeed in a creative and dynamic
All applicants must currently have authorization to work within the United States.
How to apply
- this position is available immediately. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- DS+R offers competitive salaries that are based on qualifications and experience— the value that you bring to the firm. DS+R also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and life insurance, as well as a 401k
- DS+R is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of classifications protected by federal, state, or local law
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Part-III architect
at Paul Vick Architects
Part-II architectural assistant/architect
at Gibson Thornley