Herman Miller is looking for a graphic design lead to join its firm in Massachusetts, USA.
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a graphic design lead (segments, emerging markets) at Herman Miller and make both.
About this opportunity
As a graphic design lead (segments, emerging markets) on our global contract team, you’ll provide art direction and design for our healthcare and higher education businesses, our A+D audience, and our sales and distribution channels. You will implement a consistent brand visual language within our marketing tools and customer-facing communications in print, digital, and social media.
What you’ll do
You’ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you:
- design and direct prioritized marketing executions based on business strategy to ensure the communication of Herman Miller’s brand voice in communication to our customers
- establish the appropriate use of all media to properly support the marketing direction and creation of messages in the selling and promotion of our products
- help with the creation and use of new ideas and methods for marketing our products and services that support our new ways of going to market in digital, print, and environmental design
- identify, direct, and develop external design resources for prioritized projects
- lead the direction for internal and external graphic design resources
- guide the development of design solutions and internal designers in the development of design solutions
- work with creative directors and marketing executives and project management to prioritize work and ensure that consistent and effective processes are established for ongoing completion of work
- balance short-term goals and long-term efforts in the allocation of resources and spending
- collaborate with marketing in the creation and execution of the strategic outline of a designated project, which drives the design work
- employ the use of new ideas and methods for marketing our products and services that support our new ways of going to market in digital and print
- partner with editorial and writing for concept development
- perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives
Sound like you
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have:
- a bachelor’s degree graphic design. A master’s degree is preferred
- eight years of experience implementing graphic design projects and programs
- five years of experience in program leadership roles as demonstrated by rewards received, reputation gained, and/or portfolio compiled
- thorough knowledge of photographic and illustrative processes, color, and production methods for both print and digital media
- the ability to use page layout, illustration, paint, word processing, HTML tools, and other graphics-related software applications
- demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience in both team leadership and employee development
- broad knowledge of marketing communications strategy
- the ability to be a team player and use influence gain consensus and implement ideas
- proven supplier management experience
- excellent interpersonal, management, and problem-solving skills
- excellent planning, organization, and written/oral communication skills
- proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite for page layout, illustration, word processing, HTML tools, and other graphics-related software applications
- the ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations
Who we are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high-quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.