HAY is looking for a stylist/visual merchandiser to join its team in Berlin or Düsseldorf, Germany.
Maternity cover with opportunity for full time position.
We are looking for a highly motivated stylist/visual merchandiser whose role it will be to implement the HAY visual merchandising and styling language in the showrooms and branded retail spaces within the DACH region. The position will be a one-year maternity cover with the possibility of the contract being extended to a permanent position. The position can be based in our Berlin or Düsseldorf office and requires regular travel mainly within Germany.
- creation and implementation of display plans for of our Hay shops and showrooms in Germany, Switzerland and from time to time also supporting other European locations
- working closely with the sales colleagues on display plans and implementation of branded areas
- managing all VM and styling related correspondence with the respective branches/showrooms
- regular styling appointments with our partners
- redesign of the areas and premises in 2D and 3D
- creation of mood boards and presentations
- coordination and implementation on site
- training colleagues in showrooms and staff of our dealers to maintain spaces and styling in accordance with our guidelines
- regular contact with our styling department in Copenhagen
- training to visual merchandiser or degree in interior design or similar
- one-two years of work experience in a similar work environment, i.e. in vm or styling with a design brand or retail
- proficiency in Rhinoceros in 2D and 3D as well as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
You are open-minded and you have a great sense of enthusiasm and interest in design, furniture and homeware products. You have a natural instinct and talent for creating compositions of form, colour and material. You also care about the commercial effectiveness of displays and exhibitions and enjoy interacting with colleagues across functions. Though you enjoy being part of a team, you are confident working independently and you are organised, result-driven and have a hands-on approach in general. You are flexible and happy to travel around 30% of the working time.
An attractive position with a young, dynamic team, in which you have the opportunity to creatively translate our design language into the German market. Versatile field of activity at an internationally recognised design company. Regular training and exposure to the styling department in Denmark. Full-time job in either Berlin Mitte or Düsseldorf.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Christoph gr. Darrelmann on +49 (0) 173 6939597. Please send us your application as possible via our HR portal and no later than 31 December 2019. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
About HAY and Nine United
The Danish design company Hay, manufacturer of furniture, lighting and accessories, was founded in 2002 and belongs to the Nine United Group. Nine United has approximately 250 employees spread over various offices in Europe as well as the headquarters in Horsens and Copenhagen. Learn more about HAY by clicking here and Nine United by clicking here.