UNStudio is seeking senior architects to join its team in Shanghai.
As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within each of our offices is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development, and career planning.
We are currently looking for senior architects to join our Shanghai office. The ideal candidates should have effective management and team leadership skills, strong design sensibilities, excellent technical skills, a flexible mentality, and experience managing all stages of a project, from concept through to construction.
- minimum 10 years of experience, with extensive experience with built international, large-scale projects
- extensive coordination experience with clients, contractors, and consultants
- excellent communication, budget control, planning, and organizational skills
- excellent aesthetic sensibilities and design skills
- extremely technical with the ability to resolve architectural solutions through innovative thinking (documented through construction and shop drawings/details)
- effective project management and team leading abilities
- excellent knowledge of products, materials, and construction methods, especially in Asia
- proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others
- responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
- working knowledge of 3D + 2D software (Rhinoceros, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- fluent English and Mandarin communication skills (reading and writing)
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, CV and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max.10mb) should be submitted to Feely Pan by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.