at Adjaye Associates
Adjaye Associates is hiring a landscape architect to join its London office.
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, Sir David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
We are an award-winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa and the Middle East.
We are looking for a talented and experienced landscape architect to work on high profile projects across the office. You will have minimum five years of experience working across different stages of complex projects from conception to completion. Previous experience in the Middle East would be an advantage.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression and carries high-level responsibility.
- responsible for the landscape design of one or more projects
- establish landscape requirements
- conduct preliminary site studies
- assess sites’ potential to meet client specifications
- produce relevant creative documents for relevant client meetings and presentations
Qualities and skills:
- demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- understanding of different climates and conditions in order to recommend suitable planting
- evidence of a design understanding
- good graphic capabilities
- good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, career-long learning
- ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- ability to understand design decisions taken by others
- ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines that are clearly given
- ability to use following software; Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook), Rhino, AutoCAD, Sketchup
- Revit experience would be a distinct advantage
- fluency in written and spoken English
- include a CV, cover letter and salary expectations detailing why you think you would be suited to the role
- please submit applications by November 10 2019
No agencies, thank you.