Project architects or Part 2/3 architectural assistants
at PTP Architects London
PTP Architects London is seeking project architects/Part 2 and 3 architectural assistants to join its team in London.
PTP Architects London is looking for excellent project architects or Part 2 and 3 architectural assistants with a minimum of five years’ relevant UK-based experience, to run projects from conception to completion.
We are a RIBA-chartered and award-winning practice based in Holland Park, west London. We specialise in high-end residential refurbishment projects for discerning private clients, many of which are listed buildings.
Most projects involve the extensive refurbishment of Georgian or Victorian townhouses in London’s most prestigious boroughs, behind retained facades, and often with large subterranean or other engineering elements. Projects range from £500,000 to £30+ million.
See our website for examples of our projects.
Qualifications and skills:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate job-running skills through all RIBA Work Stages, including:
- client-facing experience
- a direct working knowledge of UK planning, building control and design standards
- strong technical design and specification skills, with an eye and experience for highly bespoke details
- experience in works to heritage buildings is an advantage but not essential
- experience in co-ordinating consultants
- experience with contractors and works on site
- experience in contract administration is an advantage but not essential
- excellent presentation and communication skills, in drawing, writing, on-screen and in-person
- the ability to problem-solve through research and self-learning
- a proficiency in the tools of the trade. Experience in ArchiCAD is an advantage but not essential
We are looking for the right candidate to start within a month of agreeing terms. This is a full-time office-based position. Office hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
PTP Architects London can offer:
- competitive salary commensurate to ability. Salaries above the specified range may be considered.
- pension scheme
- 20 days’ annual holiday, increasing annually
- payment of ARB fees
- office within walking distance of Notting Hill, Holland Park and Westfield White City
- unrivalled hands-on experience and responsibility to personally develop your knowledge and skills as an architect
How to apply
Please submit your CV, examples of work and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience via the apply for job button. Examples of work must include drawings that demonstrate your technical detailing ability and presentation skills.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom