at Adjaye Associates
Adjaye Associates is hiring a project architect in Accra, Ghana.
Adjaye Associates: company background
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, Sir David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
We are an award-winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa and the Middle East.
We are looking for a talented and experienced architect to work on high-profile projects across the office. You will have post-Part 3/equivalent experience working on international projects from planning to completion.
You will be a good communicator who is able to guide and supervise an architectural team. You will directly interface with clients and contractors, collaborating with engineers and consultants to ensure that project elements are developed according to local codes and meet client needs.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression and carries high-level responsibility.
The candidate should:
- have led projects throughout all work stages
- have good understanding of construction methods and detailing
- strong understanding of building technology
- experienced delivery of RIBA work stages 1-5 or equivalent
- have Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, Creative Abode Suite, Microsoft Suite experience
- have excellent design and presentation skills
- experienced BIM coordination
- have international and senior experience
- strong organisational skills
- creative problem solver
- ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- attention to detail
- calm under pressure
- ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving environment
- can-do attitude
- flexible and able to adapt to deadlines