Adjaye Associates is looking for a senior project architect to join its team in Accra, Ghana.
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, Sir David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
We are an award-winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa and the Middle East.
Senior project architect
We are looking for a talented senior project architect with a minimum of five years experience in the role, to join our team in Accra to lead high profile projects across the firm. You will be a good communicator who is able to guide and supervise an architectural team, directly interfacing with clients and contractors.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression and carries a high level of responsibility.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- excellent leadership skills
- excellent design and presentation skills
- proven client management skills
- five+ years of professional experience post-Part 3 (or equivalent)
- experience of working on civic and cultural projects
- proven creative problem-solving skills
- ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving environment
- proven skills in team-leading, project resourcing, project financials
- business development skills and experience
- led projects across all work stages
- experience of leading projects in Africa preferred
- experience and high-level knowledge of; all Autodesk packages (including Revit), Rhino, Adobe Creative Cloud
- proactive and enthusiastic individuals with good attention to detail will be ideally suited to this role
- willingness for international travel
- fluent in the English language, both written and verbal skills
Please submit your CV and cover letter detailing why you think you would be suited to the role using the ‘apply’ link below.
Deadline: please submit applications by March 18 2020