ASH NYC is hiring an interior designer to join its team in New York.
ASH NYC is premised on the joining of historically compatible disciplines in one company and under one roof. We aspire to bridge the worlds of interior design and property development while embracing related opportunities to design products, furniture, brands, and experiences. At ASH, we create unique and exceptional three dimensional experiences.
ASH is seeking a talented, motivated, curious, independent thinking & highly-skilled interior designer with experience in hospitality interiors to join our award-winning ASH NYC design team. This position is within the in-house design team, reporting to the group’s director, and working closely with both the internal development teams and external project consultants and freelancers.
- develop and present design concepts to chief creative officer, design team, and other audiences as needed to inform project direction
- develop design ideas into formatted documents, including designing, modeling, and executing specialty spaces, custom millwork and furniture with minimal supervision
- prepare schemes and sample boards inclusionary of furniture, fabrics, and accessories
- prepare FF&E specifications and compile cut sheets for all selected and/or custom items
- attend on-site meetings with consultants and contractors (some travel required)
Skills and experience:
- five to ten years’ of experience in hospitality interior design (multi-family residential a plus) or related design field
- expert in interior design, architectural, and industrial design history, design trends and designers
- translate design intent into assembly details
- excellent presentation abilities
- works independently
- adaptable problem solver
- natural multi-tasker with ability to work on multiple projects at once
- expert in AutoCAD. Proficiency in Revit
- expert in Rhino/SketchUp
- expert 3D rendering and abilities
- V-Ray via Rhino/SketchUp/3DSMax/Revit
- proficiency in BlueBeam
- advanced proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite
To be successful in the role you:
- are a self-motivated, independent thinker
- are not shy and work well with others
- effectively manage your time and tasks
- quick to prepare presentations for internal meetings
- have a positive, can-do approach
- are highly organized and can adjust to multiple and changing priorities
- thrive in a small fast-paced environment
ASH NYC is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizen, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law.
Employment at ASH requires COVID-19 vaccination.