There is an opportunity for a PR coordinator to join Barber & Osgerby in London.
12 month fixed term contract, maternity cover, three days/week
Location:37–42 Charlotte Road, London EC2A 3PG
Reporting to: studio director
Hours: 24 hours per week – flexible which days.
Studio hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00am–6.00pm
Salary: dependent on experience
Holidays: 13.5 days per year (prorated from full-time equivalent of 22 days per year)
Who we are
Designers Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby founded their London studio in 1996. Their diverse body of work spans industrial design, furniture, lighting and site- specific installations as well as gallery and public commissions such as the London 2012 Olympic Torch and projects for the Royal Mint. They are currently working with leading global manufacturers including Vitra, Knoll, B&B Italia, and Flos. Their work is held in permanent museum collections around the world including V&A and Design Museum in London, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York and Art Institute of Chicago.
We are looking for a PR professional with extensive knowledge of design, to provide maternity cover. Your role will be to actively promote the studio and continually raise its profile through publicity and marketing material. You can write internal and external communication and PR plans, you have relevant contacts in the media and you gained experience with organising (inter)national PR events. Maintaining good working relationships with the external PR agency, journalists, publishers, clients, product distributors/retailers and the rest of the Barber & Osgerby team.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- coordinate opportunities such as industry events, journalist interviews, book launches, speaking opportunities, in conjunction with PR agency or liasing with external contacts directly when required
- field incoming PR, press and publisher enquiries, supplying information when required
- manage relationship with external PR agency
- write literature inc. awards submission, biographies, project descriptions. Proofreading/fact checking press and other items to be published
- create bespoke visual presentations for talks and lectures
- manage contacts database and handle mail shots of new publications and event invites. Always confirming to GDPR laws
- manage and implement awards timetable and submissions
- manage annual project schedule, project factsheets and image database
- organise photoshoots and filming
- explore new press and marketing opportunities
- update website with new projects and awards
- oversee social media accounts: Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- other adhoc duties that may arise
- The job holder is required to carry out all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability. The company may amend your duties and, in addition to your normal duties, you may be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- a passion for the design industry
- a minimum of two years experience in a similar role within the creative industry
- evidence of excellent written English, with experience generating written material for websites, press material, awards submissions and other material. Confidence to write with creativity and flair
- a keen visual and graphic eye
- takes full ownership of tasks
- well organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- self motivated, organised and able to manage own workload
- strong team member, with collaborative working style
- remains calm and deliberate under conditions of pressure
- confident, outgoing and able to communicate effectively with a range of contacts, building strong and positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and Mailchimp. Use of social analytical software an advantage. Mac experience required
How to apply:
Applications to be addressed to Zoë Jones, using the ‘apply’ link below and must include:
- CV as a PDF attachment – no web links
- salary expectations
- cover letter outlining in brief what your current role is, your relevant experience and why you want to work for Barber & Osgerby.
Due to the high level of response to our adverts, we will only be replying to successful candidates.
We will be processing all data received according to general data protection regulations.