BIG is seeking an urban designer/architect to become part of its team in London.
BIG is a partner-owned architecture firm, whose work environment is characterised by an entrepreneurial spirit, true teamwork across expertise areas, and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where staff is unified by camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, high work morale, and dedication to be the innovators in our field is encouraged. With this, we are currently looking for a skilled and experienced senior urban designer/architect to join our London office immediately and to primarily work on a major detailed masterplan in the Middle East.
- at least seven-ten years of relevant work experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment and of managing large and complex urban planning and master planning projects in the detailed design phases, predominantly in the Middle East
- a sound understanding of urban design detailing and good technical knowledge
- experience as design lead and in a project management role
- excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English; Arabic is a plus
- excellent concept design, detailed design and visualisation skills
- strong client management, client communication and client presentation skills
- strong organisational and time-management skills, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high-quality output
- a flexible and open attitude towards innovation and new ways of working
- experience with management and coordination of project stakeholders, local authorities and approving bodies and sub-consultants
- should have strong AutoCAD, Revit, V-Ray, Rhino, Adobe Suite and Grasshopper
- ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design team
- ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
- ability to take initiative in response to direction from directors and partners
- demonstrate a positive attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project
Please submit your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below. We will contact you if your profile matches our requirements. Please confirm your availability to attend an interview in London at short notice.
We are looking for a candidate who can fill the position from January 2020.
Applications must be submitted by 18th December.