Burberry has an opportunity for a designer to join its team in London.
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The designer, architecture is an integral role within the architecture design studio with the responsibility of designing store projects globally. Ensuring the store concept and business rationale are clearly delivered in each project. You will have the opportunity to work across a host of creative functions, furniture, fixtures, finishes as well as built environments and popups/installation experience led spaces, developing creative ideas in very different final landing spaces.
- conduct research and ideation for multiple projects, contributing to internal and external creative discussions and approvals
- develop cohesive narratives for projects of varying scales, from flagship stores to concessions
- communicate design concepts through various mediums, such as sketches, hand drawings, renders or scale drawings
- independently create and refine designs based on open forum feedback and compile design packs for presentations
- take ownership of smaller projects under senior designer guidance, seeking references and effectively communicating ideas to the team
- degree level in architecture or interior design
- profient in Vectorworks, AutoCAD and Photoshop
- relevant experience of architecture design in luxury retail
- creative design sensibility
- confident creative point of view
- technical capability and ability to influence and negotiate confidently with cross-functional partners
- knowledge of current market trends, organised and strong communication skills
Measure of success:
- working on 20 to 45 projects (estimate) annually
- form partnerships with cross-functional teams
- ensure smooth project handovers to regional construction teams
- maintain data integrity in the space planning tool
Please apply via the apply for job button below.