David Kohn Architects has an opportunity for a Part-I architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Contract type: ongoing and full-time
Salary: £21,500 to £23,000, dependent on experience
Responsible to: project lead
Location: Camden Town, north London
Applications by: 26 August 2018
Interviews: 27 August to 7 September 2018
Start date: From 24 September 2018
DKA is looking to appoint a Part-I architectural assistant to join our growing team and work on one of several significant commissions. Current projects include refurbishments of major London art galleries and museums, a new university campus, two buildings in London’s new design district, a residential building in Berlin and several new-build houses.
David Kohn Architects was established in 2007. The practice has gained national and international recognition for the quality of its design and has recently won significant education and arts projects. The practice’s work ranges from collaboration with artists to public spaces, from historic building renovation to urban strategies. Over the next five years, DKA aims to grow organically, continuing to take on larger, more complex projects.
- assisting project leads and architects with project delivery
- assisting with design development
- making physical models
- making 3D CAD models
- producing visualisations
- maintaining office libraries
- assisting the practice manager with administrative and marketing tasks
Skills and abilities:
- able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- able to act independently and bring creative ideas to design problems
- demonstrates an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- excellent design skills
- excellent visualisation and model-making skills
- software: Vectorworks (2D/3D), SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Rhino
How to apply
Applications should be made simultaneously in hard copy and via our job board.
Please post hard copies marked ‘Part-I architectural assistant’ to:
David Kohn Architects
125–133 Camden High Street
London NW1 7JR
Your application should include the following:
- a cover letter explaining how you meet all the criteria for the post, and why you want to work for DKA
- CV detailing previous experience and qualifications;
- up to four sides of A4 showing images and drawings of key previous projects and personal work
We will only be able to enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
David Kohn Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.