De Zwarte Hond is looking for motivated architecture or urban design students to join its team in September 2019 in Rotterdam in the Netherlands or Cologne, Germany.
We offer a six-month paid internship at either our Rotterdam (NL) or Cologne (DE) office.
De Zwarte Hond is a design company for architecture, urban design and research-based in Groningen, Rotterdam and Cologne. We combine social engagement and craftsmanship to create high quality, precise projects that are sensitive to the context, to the users’ needs and to the visions of our clients. Our work ranges from housing, education, healthcare, hotels, museums and workplaces to neighbourhoods, cities and urban regions.
We are a team of unconventional thinkers with high ambitions for design and society. We can think across all scales from a metropolis right down to an individual brick. With ten partners and a skilled team of 100 staff, we have a broad scope of knowledge and multi-disciplinary, full-service experience. We draw on this expertise to translate any assignment, no matter how complex, into a clear intervention that makes a lasting, positive contribution to people and their living environments.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an architecture or urban design student
- have excellent visual and graphic presentation skills
- have excellent knowledge of Archicad and/or Vectorworks, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- be fluent in English; Dutch and/or German is a plus
- be legally eligible to work in the European Union
De Zwarte Hond offers:
- a paid, full-time internship
- a learning experience where you will form an integral part of the design team and be able to contribute creatively to the projects
- a challenging job in a dynamic, professional practice with an informal working atmosphere
- an employment contract subject to the CAO (Dutch collective agreement for architectural firms)
If you fulfil the key requirements and are interested in our approach to architecture, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Leonie van der Veen for any questions.
Applicants should submit a short cover letter (max. one A4), CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below. Please specify in your cover letter in which office you are interested in working: Rotterdam (NL) or Cologne (DE).
No agencies please.