Dezeen is looking for a creative and meticulous social media editor to join our team in London.
Dezeen is the world’s most influential online architecture, interiors and design magazine. We are on the hunt for a talented, ambitious and experienced social media editor to join our digital team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Working under our head of digital and engagement, the social media editor will have overall responsibility for all output from Dezeen’s social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and WeChat. They will take the lead in engaging with Dezeen’s audience, growing the reach of our social channels and utilising those platforms to increase referral traffic to the website.
As Dezeen’s in-house expert in all things social, the social media editor will be responsible for devising a strategy across all channels and ensuring this is followed by all departments. They will be required to stay on top of social media trends, algorithm updates and new social services in order to devise and drive forward new ideas for increasing engagement and growing Dezeen’s social media audience.
The social media editor will be expected to constantly test new approaches and strategically analyse their findings, communicating the results to the wider team and making changes to Dezeen’s social strategy as appropriate. They will produce regular analysis of performance on social media and progress towards targets.
The social media editor will line manage the social media assistant, delegating appropriately and offering feedback and support to ensure all duties are performed to a high standard.
They will also have a hands-on role in creating timely, accurate posts that are free from grammatical errors and adhere to Dezeen’s style guide.
Duties will include:
- devising and leading Dezeen’s social media strategy across all channels
- managing the social media assistant
- writing, editing, scheduling and posting content to Dezeen’s social media platforms, and ensuring others do so in adherence to Dezeen’s style guide
- managing the translation process and posting of content on Dezeen’s WeChat account
- identifying social media trends and communicating these to the wider team
- undertaking community management across social platforms, including responding to post comments and direct messages
- editing video and photographic content
- regular, structured testing of new ideas and approaches to continually improve Dezeen’s social media strategy
- using analytical tools to track content performance across the website and social channels and using these to improve the performance of content on social media
The ideal candidate will be a team player with high levels of self-initiative, drive and attention to detail. They must be full of innovative new ideas to improve Dezeen’s social media content and its performance, as well as maintaining current high standards.
Candidates must have excellent writing skills, strong news judgement, and a passion for social media. They must have at least two years’ experience in a similar role where they are responsible for social media content, ideally within the publishing industry. Knowledge of the architecture and design industries would also be highly beneficial.
- minimum of two years’ experience in a similar social media role, preferably within the publishing industry
- passion for social media
- meticulous attention to detail
- strong knowledge and experience of using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the latest social media developments and trends
- strong news judgement
- excellent written English and impeccable grammar
- high level of computer literacy
- familiarity with a range of analytics tools, Adobe CC packages, content management systems etc.
- good knowledge of the design or architecture industry
- experience of using video editing software, preferably Final Cut Pro
- experience of using WeChat in a professional capacity
- online newsroom experience
- experience of managing at least one person
Candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter explaining why they are suitable for the role using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview and may close this advert early if a suitable candidate is identified.