Dezeen is seeking a social media editor to join its team in Hoxton, London.
Social media editor
We are looking for a creative, meticulous and talented social media editor to our join our team in London to help grow our international audience.
The right candidate will have a strong writing and editing skills, and a thorough understanding of news. Online newsroom experience is highly advantageous.
They will be comfortable managing our social media offerings, and have extensive hands-on experience of optimising content for various platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and an interest in driving audience and engagement growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong news judgment
- excellent writing and editing skills with a keen eye for accurate copy
- deep operational knowledge of social channels
- knowledge of audience data and strategic growth
- awareness of latest SEO best practice
- experience working across editorial, commercial and video departments
- familiarity with a range of analytics tools, Adobe CC packages, content management systems etc
- knowledge of Asian digital platforms including Line, Baidu and WeChat
Duties may include:
- writing, scheduling and posting content to Dezeen’s social media platforms
- identifying social media trends to create written content for the site
- community management across social platforms, including moderating comments
- editing video content
- using analytical tools to track content performance across dezeen.com, our newsletters and social channels
Candidates should send a CV and cover letter as well as an outline of salary expectations. This position is based at our office in Hoxton, London.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regretfully will only respond to candidates selected for interview.