Foster + Partners is currently looking for an industrial designer to join its team in London.
Foster + Partners, the award winning, integrated design practice have an exciting opportunity for a talented furniture and product designer to join their industrial design team in south-west London.
You will be working as part of the industrial design team within one of the most innovative studios in the world on a diverse range of projects and scales from commercial products with external manufacturers to site specific bespoke pieces.
Reporting in to the head of industrial design on a day to day basis and ultimately to the head of design.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- to work on industrial and furniture projects within the department and act as a consultant to the architectural and interiors teams
- assess the need for manufacture of a presentation model and to liaise with the modelshop in terms of time and material management
- to prepare and develop from the brief, a design proposal and presentation by means of hand sketches, technical drawings, graphics, CAD models, working and presentation models
You will need the following skills:
- have a strong creative mind and be able to demonstrate your process
- strong use of CAD
- Rhino, CREO and Studiomax or similar, extremely desirable
- a degree in industrial design or a similar field (furniture/product design)
- sketching – be able to show examples in a portfolio
- making – be able to show examples in a portfolio
- furniture design (desirable)
Please apply online with an up to date CV and portfolio.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.