There is an opportunity for an interior designer to join Foster + Partners in London.
Foster + Partners, the award winning, integrated design practice have an excellent opportunity for an interior designer to join one of our team based in one of the studios in Battersea, south-west London.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- to understand the design project
- to prepare, and develop where required, drawings, models, images, material and mood boards and other documents relating to the design
- to assist where required in the co-ordination of the internal design team
- ro take responsibility, where required by the project leader, for specific areas of the design and project development
- to liaise, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
Qualities and skills required:
- legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- have an industry recognised diploma or degree in interior design or architecture
- able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- able to integrate design requirements with architecture
- able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- understanding of the designers role in the co-ordination and integration of project information and management
- able to assist with the management of junior assistant designers on the team
- understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- able to use some of the following: Microstation, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
If you would like to be considered for the position please apply online with a CV and portfolio.