Gort Scott is seeking an urban designer or masterplanner in London.
Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural studio working on a varied portfolio of interesting public-and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small scale projects the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious urban designer to join our expanding office of 25 people. The office is currently carrying out projects relevant to this post, including urban research; developing guidance that can help inform and promote future investments in London; area plans for public sector authorities, a masterplan for a prominent public sector owned site in east London; public sector housing schemes; and other urban projects involving intense mixes of use.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who is versatile and able to think creatively across a broad range of influencing factors – including quantitative evidence and data collection, planning policy, and different value structures for appraisal.
This is a senior role, and you will have the necessary experience to lead and coordinate on all masterplanning, urban and research projects, as well as be expected to develop new opportunities for the practice. You will have excellent design and masterplanning skills and a well-established career.
The following is required:
- post-graduate degree in urban design or urban planning with at least three years’ post-graduate experience
- proven experience in developing urban design and masterplan projects alongside architecture and landscape projects in the UK
- an analytical attitude to our cities and how they are evolving
- excellent design skills
- strong project and organisational skills
- a team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- good writing skills for the purposes of reports and presentations
- fluency in speaking and writing English essential
- Revit (BIM) experience would be preferable but not essential
- you must be eligible to work in the UK
Instructions for applying:
- please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application email
- please submit your CV and include a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, as well as your pay expectations for the attention of Nancy Edwards
- no CVs over 5MB
- no agencies
Salary dependent on experience.
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer.