Grimshaw is looking for a senior transport/package architect to join its Sydney team in Australia.
Grimshaw is an internationally recognised architectural practice with over 500 employees throughout our offices in London, New York, Doha, Melbourne, Sydney and Kuala Lumpur. Grimshaw is dedicated to working closely with our clients in the design of its buildings and environments to deliver projects which meet the highest possible standards of excellence and that inspire and transform our communities. As we continue to secure more exciting projects throughout Australia, we are currently seeking a number of talented and experienced senior transport/package architects to join our Sydney studio.
Key responsibilities include:
- contribute to the successful delivery of a complex, large scale transport project
- have responsibility for specific roles, areas or packages within a project fulfilling the roles of design leadership, management and technical delivery to varying degrees depending on project requirements
- uphold Grimshaw ethos and values, delivering high quality, completed work
- manage a team of architects on a day to day basis, provide coaching and assistance as required
- demonstrate design and technical aptitude with confidence
- contribute to the generation and exploration of design and construction ideas, being aware of the balance of conceptual, aesthetic, constructional and cost influences
- contribute to the design work on ‘big picture’ context, objectives, composition, materials and colour, architectural ‘volume’ control, detail quality and build quality
- develop design work in close cooperation with other members of the Grimshaw project team
- implement designs, contracts and strategic decisions as directed by the project lead
- be attentive of client feedback, issues or potential problems and report any issues raised
To be successful you will have:
- 10 years’ plus experience as an architect, experience in the transport sector will be highly regarded
- master’s degree in architecture or equivalent
- exceptional design, management and technical delivery skills with experience working on large scale projects
- knowledge of construction is preferred
- working knowledge of all project work stages
- experience with Revit is essential
- excellent communication skills to work with internal and external clients
- ability to lead a team
- ability to analyse and critically assess problems
- imaginative and creative thinking skills and ability
- registered or working towards architectural registration
In our workplace, we encourage creativity and innovation. Our employees are offered opportunities for continuous learning and development in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We also offer several employee benefits including a profit share scheme, discounted health insurance, bootcamp, wellness week and host various social events and activities. Sponsorship is also provided for international candidates.
How to apply:
If you have passion for design and are interested in working in a creative, fun and inspiring environment, we would love to hear from you!
Please include a cover letter and resume clearly outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your portfolio as part of your application.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed.
Please note that due to a large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.