Gustafson Porter + Bowman is seeking a landscape architect to join its practice in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating authentically engaging and beautiful spaces in a global portfolio. 2019 is an exciting year for us and our projects, and we are looking for a talented and ambitious landscape architect to join our friendly, sociable, hard-working and collaborative team based near Camden in London.
Landscape architects at our practice undertake the full scope of landscape architecture duties on their projects and are involved from inception to completion, supported and guided by senior colleagues and the partners. They work on design, presentations and detailing, supporting cost estimating and the preparation of contract and tender documentation. They also help oversee on-site works and the coordination of contractors.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- ambition, talent and eager to advance swiftly on their two-three years’ post-qualification experience
- excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- accomplished design and graphic skills with the ability to communicate coherent and well-resolved ideas clearly
- proficiency in all relevant software packages (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Grasshopper and Rhino)
- demonstrable experience of the day-to-day running of a small project with a project team and lead partner
- confidence liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals, and the ability to develop strong relationships with them. Experience of attending and presenting at client meetings
- plant knowledge and familiarity with designing project planting plans
- experience in signing and lighting concept creation
- self-motivated with a collaborative team player approach, willing to assist others, and share and contribute to the learning outcomes of the whole practice
In return, we offer a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment, with a regular CPD schedule throughout the year, design review sessions, and the opportunity to work on prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide, ensuring an extensive and diverse career experience. In addition, we offer all of our staff annual training allowances, support for advancing professional qualifications, and have active social calendar each month.
Closing date for applications: 22nd August 2019
Start date: October / November 2019
Salary: dependent on experience (£29,000 – £32,000)
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio (not more than 8MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from us, please consider your application unsuccessful in this instance.
Strictly no agencies, please.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.