Hassell is seeking a senior associate/design strategist to join its team in Melbourne, Australia.
We are seeking a creative design strategist to help us generate imagination and passion for our clients and our team by delivering inspiring insight and solutions through knowledge, strategy and evidence at the intersection of performance, people, culture, values and place.
Ideally based in our Melbourne studio, although open to Sydney-based candidates, you will support the design strategy principal to actively lead strategy projects within Hassell and will drive the deliverables of these projects. Working closely with clients you will develop aspirations and space use strategies that will support and enable their businesses, drawing on your experience to offer client-side advice on projects.
You will work with the principal to build a pipeline of work and participate in business development activities, submissions and pitches. As a senior member of the team you will mentor other design strategists and offer guidance as they develop their experience. Additionally you will work with our design teams to realise space strategies in the design, including briefing teams, reviewing design against the brief, and coaching designers on space strategies.
You may come from a consultancy or design background, have a strategic and creative mindset, and bring to this position:
- primary experience in developing space strategies for organisations, including in workplace and other sectors, such as education and the arts
- proven ability to deliver strategy projects on time and on budget
- strong understanding and interest in spatial design commensurate with experience
- exceptional business acumen
- internationally recognised qualification within your discipline
- optimally eight-plus years’ post-graduate experience with the majority in the private sector
- illustrated experience in leading teams
- advanced Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite skills
- data analysis skills preferable
- professional presentation skills
- ability to think on your feet and draw on experience to resolve challenges as they appear
- ability to travel (including internationally) is a must
If you aspire to create great places and are looking to take the next step in your career with an international design practice, we encourage you to apply and join our collaborative team where you can contribute to a number of key projects across our global network of studios.
Our people are our practice. With that in mind, we place great emphasis on attracting, retaining and developing the best talent.
We value diversity, employing people across a number of regions, representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- creative studio working environment
- inter studio transfer opportunities
- development and training
- wellbeing benefits
- flexible start and finish times
- professional memberships
- study assistance
This an amazing permanent, full-time opportunity for a dedicated design strategist that offers a global brand, a passionate and inspiring leadership team, career progression and opportunities for development.
If this role sounds like the next step in your career, please send your cover letter and CV clearly outlining how you meet the above requirements using the ‘apply’ link below.
Applications close Sunday 11 August, 2019.
Hassell is a dynamic and proactive practice. We don’t always wait until the application close date to review applications. As such, we’d suggest that you submit your profile as soon as possible.
No agencies or third party applications please.