Hawkins\Brown has an opportunity for an architectural designer to join its office in Los Angeles, USA.
HawkinsBrown is a modern British multi-disciplinary architectural practice with an award-winning approach to design. We put our hearts and minds into realising a project’s potential. Our expertise covers a range of building types and mixed-use schemes, across new developments and regeneration programmes.
For our expanding LA studio, we are looking for a talented architectural designer to join our team to work on recently won higher education and commercial projects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- deliver great design and technical expertise across all aspects of the project, including concept design, technical design, project design co-ordination and excellent graphic representation for all stages of these processes
- ensure the adequate integration of technical information and statutory requirements into project packages and design and production drawings
- demonstrate design sensitivity and technical feasibility across all aspects of the role with consistency and accuracy
- administer project related information in line with the standards and procedures of the practice
- contribute to the development of HawkinsBrown and our growing international presence
- promote team goals and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- ensure dialogue with team members
Your qualifications and experience:
- bachelor’s in architecture or equivalent from an internationally recognized architecture university/institution
- you have at least two years’ post-graduate experience within the US
- excellent knowledge of US architecture and design sector and regulations
- you have a sound working knowledge of Revit
- good methodical and analytical skills
- ability to produce coherent and well resolved architectural designs and understand HawkinsBrown’s design philosophy
- ability to contribute ideas clearly
- strong team player
- ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload
- ability to work under pressure
- excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- strong design communication and presentation skills
- possess a proactive and positive attitude
- English fluency is a key requirement
These are the key tasks as currently defined. They are not listed in priority order. From time to time the key tasks may be varied and the post holder will be expected to take on such variations within the constraints of the position and the level of responsibility implied in it.
Please attach your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 5MB) with your application.
Competitive salary dependant on experience and a competitive benefits package.
HawkinsBrown is an equal opportunities employer.