There is an opportunity at Industrial Facility for a middleweight industrial/product/furniture designer to join its growing team in London.
About Industrial Facility
Industrial Facility, founded by partners Sam Hecht and Kim Colin, has emerged as one of the most progressive and creative offices working in industrial, product and furniture design. Work is respected for its simplicity and clarity of thought across many sectors including consumer products, furniture, lighting, IoT, exhibitions, medical devices, fashion and interiors. Industrial Facility is based in Clerkenwell, London and is led by partners Kim Colin and Sam Hecht. Work continues to be a range of innovative projects for global clients including Herman Miller (USA), Muji (Japan), Mattiazzi (Italy), Emeco (USA), Wästberg (Sweden). Industrial Facility is the parent company of Future Facility (IoT focus). For further information, visit our website.
- develop industrial, product, furniture and lighting designs in a small team environment from initial drawings and physical models through to presentation renderings and manufacturing details
- work simultaneously on numerous technically demanding projects across a host of sectors including consumer electronics, IoT, medical devices, furniture, lighting, exhibitions, interiors and exhibitions
- potential international travel to client sites (Europe, US and Asia)
- full-time role based in our Clerkenwell, London studio (no part-time or freelance positions available)
You will need:
- one-three years’ experience in preferably at least two of the following design areas; product, furniture, electronics, exhibitions
- BA/BS or MA/MSc in industrial design, product design, furniture design or related degree
- experience working on mass-produced goods would be beneficial
- excellent 3D modelling skills, with solid experience and understanding of processes and materials
- a good eye for composition, materials and colour
- will need to feel comfortable working within a small, growing studio, with the ability to collaborate on projects and to take guidance
- impeccable attention to detail and strong work ethic
- good time management skills; delivering work on time and to a high standard
- excellent visual and verbal communication skills, including being able to confidentially present to and correspond with clients directly
- fluency in English, spoken and written; knowledge of Japanese is preferred but not required
- must have the legal right to work in the UK; sponsorship is not available
- a sound general knowledge of moulding methods, mass-produced fabrication, assembly methods, material capabilities
- ability to understand and suggest initial engineering as proof of concept
- advanced 3D modelling skills, excellent proficiency in Rhino
- excellent 3D rendering skills with a proficiency in Keyshot or similar
- knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc)
- knowledge of sustainability would be a plus
- knowledge of coding and Arduino would be a plus
Industrial Facility is an equal opportunity employer. Salary will be dependent on experience. Please include an indication of salary expectations and notice period (if applicable).
To apply please submit your CV and a short cover letter detailing your interest and suitability to the role. Applications should be by email using the ‘apply’ link below (max. file size 3MB).
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss submissions over the telephone.
Application deadline: Friday, 20 December 2019