Johnson Naylor is looking for an interior designer to join its studio in London.
Johnson Naylor is an interior architecture and design practice based in Clerkenwell, London. Founded by Brian Johnson and Fiona Naylor, we have developed a reputation for delivering inventive, contextual and elegant design. Working from first principles our approach is rational and open.
Our studio is a friendly and collaborative environment where staff are encouraged and provided with the opportunity to develop and progress.
We are currently looking for a highly creative senior designer to join our team, with a minimum of seven years’ professional industry experience in commercial, residential, interiors.
Our ideal candidate will have the following proven skills and experience:
- strong creative thinker with the ability to lead the creative process in order to provide intelligent design solutions
- ability to communicate design ideas visually have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal, and be confident in presenting
- strong problem-solving skills, an eye for design detail and materials with a good understanding, and the ability to comment on, workshop drawings and quality samples
- strong technical knowledge and skills
- ability to assist/review the work of junior designers
- must have advanced Vectorworks, SketchUp and InDesign knowledge
- BA Hons degree in interior design/architecture
- 20 days holiday, increasing with service
- company pension scheme
- annual eye-examination vouchers
- cycle to work scheme
- employee assistance programme
In addition, we arrange regular architectural trips and factory visits to create both inspiration and knowledge in all areas of our business, as well as organising regular internal training and CPDs.
This is a full-time position and salary is dependent upon experience.
If you feel you have what we’re looking for, please submit your CV and portfolio, together with your salary expectation, in confidence using the ‘apply’ link below.