LEVER Architecture is hiring a technical architect to join its team in Los Angeles, USA.
LEVER Architecture is a mid-sized architecture firm based in Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles, California. We are seeking candidates to contribute to and grow with our award-winning office dedicated to design, research, and impactful projects across many different scales, regions, and typologies. The firm brings international experience and design excellence to a diverse range of building types including institutional, creative office, and multi-family housing, and is nationally recognized for technical innovation with mass timber.
The technical architect will lead a Los Angeles-based project currently under construction to completion. The best candidates will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for design, good communication skills, and experience with all design phases.
- lead a project currently under construction. Manage the day-to-day activities of the project and work closely with the project director and leadership to ensure the design intent is met
- coordinate with various engineers and consultants
- conduct regular site visits to a Los Angeles area construction site, as required
- maintain and organize all project documentation and records
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- ten plus years’ professional architecture experience
- licensed architect is a plus
- experience working in Revit and Bluebeam is required
- ability to work confidently and independently with minimal oversight
- experience resolving technical design challenges, producing detailed construction document sets and/or construction administration experience
- ability to manage complex projects through the construction documentation and construction administration phases. Including managing response to RFIs, review of submittals, conducting on-site observations and overseeing project closeout
- comfortable collaborating and developing a rapport with consultants, design partners, clients, contractors, regulatory agencies and vendor/fabricators
- creative thinker who can provide innovative solutions to technical and design issues and resolve challenging conflicts in a timely manner in order to meet the construction schedule
- organized, detail-oriented, and proactive. Strong graphic and verbal communication skills
- interest in ongoing learning and action to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the profession and community
- must live in the Los Angeles area
- LEVER is currently a hybrid office structure with core hours and 1-2 days in the office
- to protect the health and safety of LEVER employees and clients, LEVER requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exception as a qualification of employment
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in .PDF format via the apply for job button below. Inquiries should quote ‘technical architect/your name’.
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
LEVER offers a competitive total compensation package that includes employer-covered medical/dental/vision, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, and paid time off for licensing exams.
LEVER Architecture is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive studio. LEVER provides competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.
About LEVER Architecture
Founded in Portland, Oregon in 2009, LEVER Architecture is a design practice with offices in Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles, California. The 45+ person firm is widely recognized for material innovation and pioneering work with Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT). LEVER projects encompass first-of-their-kind timber buildings for clients such as The Nature Conservancy and Adidas and include more than $1M in research to develop and test wood building assemblies. The firm’s work challenges conventional methods of fabrication, uses local and commonplace materials in unexpected ways, and pursues construction that benefits the environment and regional economy. This approach emphasizes transformation at every level of design and brings greater beauty and meaning to the final built work.
LEVER was recently recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms; and in 2017, was named to Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard and the Architectural League of New York’s Emerging Voices. The firm’s work has been featured in news outlets including the New York Times, the Atlantic, Dwell, and Metropolis among others. LEVER projects were also recently featured in Timber City, an exhibition at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC.