Lorcan O’Herlihy Architects (LOHA) has an opportunity for an intermediate architect to join its office in Los Angeles.
This position offers an opportunity to join one of the top five architectural design firms in the country, as ranked in Architect Magazine’s 2017 Architect 50.
The candidate will join an experienced, creative team to be a part of a broad-range of long and short-term projects. Considered applicants must have, beyond strong design and graphic skills, an ability to assume a significant role in larger projects and run smaller projects with oversight.
- four+ years of professional work experience through all phases of design
- an exceptional portfolio of student and professional work
- a passion for, and commitment to design excellence
- a flexible and proactive approach to work as part of a team
- a strong desire to develop as a professional
- an ability to express ideas in a clear and effective manner through a variety of media
- well organised, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to lead documentation of small projects and capable of detailing and producing construction documents
- experience in leading consultant coordination
- proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suites
- BIM/Revit proficiency required
- degree in architecture, master’s degree preferred
- US citizen, hold a green card or have work authorization
We offer our employees a creative working environment with room for professional growth and full health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Lorcan O’Herlihy Architects is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples as PDF attachments to info using the ‘apply’ link below with the subject line ‘Intermediate Architect.’ Limit file sizes to 5MB.
No phone calls please.