Kiehl’s has an opportunity for a senior manager/director to join its team in New York.
SR MGR/DIR – GLOBAL RETAIL DESIGN
Six to seven years of experience required.
In house beauty/luxury retail design a plus.
Be the ‘gatekeeper’ to ensure all Kiehl’s brand standards are expressed consistently in all retail formats across global markets – freestanding stores, department store shop-in-shops/self-assisted concepts and travel retail locations.
Be an expert design innovator and conceptual thinker – partner closely with the head of global retail design to oversee the design and development of all aspects of the retail environment: store/shop layouts, fixture design/merchandising displays/lighting/furniture/materials including pop-up shops/events.
- evolve concepts through design development as required for management approvals
- CAD experience is essential – creating and modifying drawings on a daily basis
- 3D software experience is key- e.g. SketchUp with V-Ray
- expert proficiency reviewing architectural, construction and fixture/millwork shop drawings
- vendor management with day-to-day coordination, gathering prototype costs for approvals may be required
- knowledge of material costs, construction trades, process that affect and impact design
- sourcing material samples, vendors and reps to assist in design progression and evolving concepts
- knowledge of back of house, operational systems that affect sales floor and main shop design
- work closely with the visual merchandising and marketing teams to effectively implement new selling strategies
- keep aware of the competitive retail environment – with a focus on the beauty marketplace and competitive brands
- awareness and knowledge of digital technologies and integration into the brick-and-mortar/physical retail space
- Bachelor degree required, focus in interior design or architecture
- minimum of six years’ retail design experience
- stellar design aptitude and conceptual thinking required
- experience with managing processes to develop clear and concise design solutions aligned with business strategies balanced with a strong sustainability mindset/approach to design solutions
- strong project management aptitude required – to manage multiple projects
- excellent interpersonal/communication skills to work with multiple business partners and cross-functional teams
- strong working knowledge of basic fixture and cabinet construction detailing and methods
- good awareness of design/industry trends/new concepts/materials/innovations and the aptitude to translate these ideas
- demonstrated creative abilities, sketching, conceptual rendering and space planning
- good understanding of general building codes, ADA codes and interior standards
- comprehensive working knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp/V-Ray
- proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- expert communication/presentation skills
Currently a hybrid work environment – our offices are in the West Village of Manhattan/NYC. Option for 100% remote work is available with occasional office team meetings needed.