MAD Architects is looking for an interior designer to join its team in Beijing, China.
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers. We are dedicated to impact the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, and from there we develop visionary, fluid and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome. Our projects range from large-scale urban developments and masterplan to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale. We endeavour to improve the balance between people, their built environment, and their natural surroundings.
For our growing Beijing office, we are looking for talents of all levels of experience to join our teams on ambitious projects. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD.
The opportunity for you:
- you will be involved in the design and technical aspects of projects and their graphic representation through the entire interior design process from concept to constructed reality
- within dedicated teams, you will develop design and materials packages with clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility, evolving them into comprehensively detailed information fit for construction
- as an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD
Key skills to success:
- you are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (bachelor in interior design or a related field of study from an internationally recognised school) and an outgoing, proactive and positive attitude
- you have a track record of at least three years in-depth post-qualification involvement in leading international architecture or interior design firms, as a key contributor to the interior design of complex large-scale mixed-use, residential, hospitality, cultural or civic projects through all stages of design to construction
- you combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with sound technical and materials knowledge and are a clear communicator. You are able to compile thorough research packages for concepts, materials and products, and are able to articulate your ideas and results precisely, comprehensibly, and in a graphically engaging way
- you have working knowledge of interior design layouts and detailing, are well versed in current materials and FF&E trends, and demonstrate clear understanding of common practice and industry standards and codes
- you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy contributing to your team, are flexible and able to set priorities in order to deliver accurately and on time
- you are highly skilled in AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe CS, ideally with a working knowledge of Maya. English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus
How to apply
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating studio environment.
We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network.
Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
If working with us in the capacities described above excites you, please submit your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!