MAD Architects is hiring a landscape designer at its office in Beijing, China.
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers. We are dedicated to impact the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, and from there we develop visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the Eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome. Our projects range from large-scale urban developments and masterplan to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale. We endeavour to improve the balance between people, their built environment, and their natural surroundings.
For our growing Beijing office, we are looking for talents of all levels of experience to join our teams on ambitious projects. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD Architects.
The opportunity for you:
- you will be involved in the design, architectural, and technical aspects of projects and their graphic representation through the entire design process from concept to construction
- within dedicated teams, you will develop landscape packages that demonstrate clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility
- as an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD Architects
We hope you:
- are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (bachelor in landscape architecture/landscape design or a related field of study from an internationally recognised school) and an outgoing, proactive and positive attitude
- have a track record of at least two years’ in-depth post-qualification involvement in leading international architecture or landscape design firms, as a key contributor to the landscape design of complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic or sports projects through all stages of design to construction
- combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with technical awareness, and are a clear communicator
- articulate your ideas and concepts precisely, comprehensibly, and in a graphically engaging way
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of plants and planting design, including landform design, hardscape, and water features, as well as relevant practice and industry standards and codes
- have sound knowledge of architectural and landscape drawing and detailing. You are proficient in the preparation of landscape surveys and environmental impact assessments based on proposed designs
- thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy contributing to your team, are flexible, and able to set priorities in order to deliver accurately and on time
- are highly skilled in AutoCAD and Adobe CS, with a working knowledge of Rhino and Revit. English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.