MAD Architects is looking for a senior project architect to join its team in Beijing, China.
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers dedicated to impacting the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, developing visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome, on projects ranging from livable large-scale urban developments to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale that endeavour to create a balance between humanity, the city, and the environment.
Current works across Asia, North America and Europe include the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art in Los Angeles, the Nanjing Zendai Himalayas Centre and the China Philharmonic Hall in Beijing and residential complexes in Beverly Hills, Paris and Rome (all under construction), with the large-scale Quzhou sports campus and the Rotterdam Fenix Museum, amongst others, in design development.
Skills and requirements:
- you are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (bachelor in architecture or equivalent from an internationally recognised architecture school) and a proactive, positive attitude
- you have a track record of at least ten years’ in-depth, post-qualification involvement in leading international architecture firms, having demonstrated success as a project architect/project manager on a series of complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic and hospitality projects through all stages of design to construction, while managing multidisciplinary internal and external teams
- you combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with a thorough technical and managerial knowledge and are a clear and precise communicator
- you bring extensive expertise in construction drawing and detailing, are well versed in building systems and materials, and demonstrate a profound knowledge of practice and industry standards and codes
- you excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy the responsibility of efficiently managing a team through leadership and motivation, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- you are highly skilled in AutoCAD, with a working knowledge of Maya, Revit and Rhino
- English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating environment.
We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network.
Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
If working with us in the capacities described above excites you, please submit your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB, with a clear indication of your role on every project listed) using the ‘apply’ link below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!