March and White is recruiting for an intermediate architect to join its office in Los Angeles.
International luxury design house March and White are recruiting for a highly motivated, committed, all round Intermediate interior architect to join their new LA office in Sunset Boulevard. The successful person will be working closely with co-founder on the most exclusive residential, private client and commercial projects in the city.
The candidate will have strong conceptual skills, and good knowledge of interior detailing. Furthermore, you must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
Candidates need to be able to work in start-up office with a casual corporate culture with a hands-on approach. Applicants should be experienced in the interior architectural design process from design development, material research and selection, through to production information and construction.
The position represents a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of creative design with one of the world’s leading international design firms on exemplary cutting edge projects.
Education and experience:
You must have a bachelor of architecture, a bachelor of science in architecture, with a min of five years’ post-graduate experience. You are also required to have experience on American projects.
As an intermediate interior architect, you will have experience in boutique hospitality interiors. We work on a wide ranging portfolio covering all sectors including high-end residential commissions, hotels, restaurants, commercial buildings and private members’ clubs. You must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
You will work closely with our New York and London offices, with a team of skilled designers and technical architects, all of whom are led by Co-Founders Elliot March and James White. You are expected to be ‘hands-on’ in your approach whilst using your initiative to complete tasks with a calm-matured response.
- proven experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
- proven experience in developing residential and commercial planning applications and a working comprehensive knowledge of the US planning and building regulations system is also essential
- proven knowledge in preparing tender and construction packages – including schedules of works, lighting and power, millwork, drawing and schedules etc
- proven experience in creating and developing conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture, and the ability to explain these to others
- proven working knowledge of new build construction and refit projects – materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling
- experience in developing residential planning applications and be familiar with US building and ADA codes
- proven experience in AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3D modelling software, Excel, Estimate and other industry software packages would all be advantageous
- ability to advise clients on all technical aspects of a design project
- self-motivated but also a good team member who is able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- self-confident and able to cope with criticism of your work
- organised, and able to manage your time effectively, whilst mentoring junior team members
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
The candidate should be a US national or have a current work visa for the US.
For any interest please send resume and portfolio no larger than 8mb