nArchitects is looking for a communications and business development manager to join its team in Brooklyn, USA.
nArchitects is an internationally recognised and award-winning Brooklyn-based architecture firm founded in 1999, is seeking a business and marketing manager. As the business manager, you will lead the firm’s efforts in identifying and cultivating opportunities for new work, connecting with potential clients and managing the financial needs of a small firm. As the marketing manager, you will be an important contributor in crafting the firm’s voice and presence in media and publications. We are looking for the right, long-term fit for our creative and dynamic office environment.
Business management and development responsibilities:
- lead new business outreach, propose new initiatives and nurture/build prospective client relationships
- networking: represent the firm in events/conferences to develop market awareness
- RFQ / RFP’s: work with principals and senior staff to lead, design, write, and coordinate proposals, RFP’s and RFQ’s. Research relevant topics as required
- manage the financial needs of the firm: AP, AR, invoicing and timesheets. Assist with job fee tracking and forecasting and updating overall office project schedules
- manage invoicing and processing of sub-consultant invoices, with monthly/bi-monthly oversight from our bookkeeper
- keep the Principal’s and the office’s registrations and licenses up to date
- press: respond to press inquiries, prepare press releases, newsletters, and award submissions
- presentations: work with principals and senior staff to coordinate potential or current project presentations and submission books
- lectures/conferences: assist the principals in coordinating/preparing for lectures
- update firm portfolios, firm profiles, bio’s and staff resume
- coordinate the development of a new firm website with outside graphic designers
- oversee and update firm’s website, web presence, and social media
- an undergraduate or grad degree in a design, art or communications-related discipline
- excellent writing skills and graphic design abilities
- skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- experience with QuickBooks or similar bookkeeping or financial tracking program a plus
- prior experience in architecture/arts, marketing, and/or business management
- excellent multi-tasking, communication and detailed organisational skills. Dependability, professionalism and a positive attitude are a must
- proficient English speaker and eligible to work in the US immediately
Why join nArchitects?
- positive office environment: we are a small yet growing firm (currently 13), working in a collaborative, atelier-type setting
- we are working on exciting projects with both public and private clients. An increasing number of our projects have progressive social agendas. We seek these opportunities
- we are a concept driven, design intensive firm, recognized with the 2017 AIA NYS Firm of the Year Award among others
- we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
- we are flexible and will consider full time or part time applications, on a case by case basis
Please respond only if you meet the above qualifications. Send your resume, portfolio, writing samples and references (one compiled PDF under 10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below. We will contact you only if your qualifications match our needs – we apologize that we cannot respond to every application.