NBBJ is on the hunt for a senior designer to join its team in Boston.
For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others — to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is a great opportunity for you to join NBBJ, Boston in a senior designer role.
We are seeking a senior designer with 10+ years of experience, to become a lead designer for the NBBJ Boston studio. NBBJ is a design-driven practice seeking top talent; our work requires high-performing designers who possess strong communication skills and graphics abilities, as well as the ability to work across multiple building program platforms and understand an integrated multi-discipline approach to design.
Your new role:
- lead design teams working under the guidance of, and collaboration with, the design principal and project manager
- develop design concepts and rapid visualization for medium- and large-scale project work
- provide innovative thought leadership on high-performance building design concepts
- provide expertise in executing projects to design team, clients, and contractors
- collaborate with and coordinate work of consultants ensuring project deliverables support design excellence and project goals
- organizes own efforts and focuses work of the design team
- provides mentoring and guidance to designers
What you will need to succeed:
- 10+ years of experience in the design profession; licensure is a bonus
- master of architecture degree required
- proven conceptual design and schematic design skills, a portfolio of exceptional built work preferred
- proven ability to manage and lead the design of multiple projects and deadlines
- exceptional abilities to craft presentations and create sound arguments for architecture
- excellent verbal and graphic communication skills, effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers
- ability to work in a collaborative, open environment, proactive and team-oriented
- ability to travel
- experience in all phases of the design process including execution of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials
- experienced designer with sustainable strategies, LEED AP preferred or actively pursuing
- proficiency in Rhino, Adobe Design Suite. Revit a plus
Click here to apply.