Nike is looking for a retail experience designer to join its team in New York, USA.
Nike Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color, material experts, apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
As a retail experience designer, you’ll be part of a fast moving, forward-thinking team responsible for designing cutting edge consumer experiences at Nike flagship stores.
You demonstrate and inspire diversity of thought and the exploration of big ideas both practical and visionary. Designing highly crafted spaces and unexpected, immersive retail experiences. You have a vivid imagination that is fed by a strong curiosity about the world around you and a passion for searching out new perspectives and processes. With your advanced design skills, you will create original creative solutions that reflect Nike’s design ethos, support retail brand strategies, and enhance consumer experiences at retail.
What you do:
- in collaboration with creative leadership, utilizes design skills to develop and drive innovative 2D, 3D and digital design solutions for consumer experiences at retail
- lead multiple concurrent retail initiative projects, providing creative, innovative and strategic designs
- design with versatility, constantly seek new and innovative ways to design for consumer experience through build, graphic design, styling, digital integration and interactive experiences
- design with clear ideation inclusive of color, materiality, texture, spacing, proportion, and scale
- design with knowledge of current and future trends in experience and technology
- create presentation materials that effectively communicate design concepts to team, leadership, and various internal and external audiences
- ensure design deliverables, timelines and budgets are met
- work with wide array of internal partners to ensure feasibility of designs, budget, and functional needs are met
- demonstrates a deep knowledge of trends, artists, retail and other design influences
- actively seeks knowledge and experience regarding Nike’s design ethos, the Nike matrix, products and processes
- collaborates with peers, design counterparts and partner groups at Nike, as well as external teams to ensure continuity and progress across projects
What you bring:
- bachelor’s degree in architectural, environmental, interior or industrial design
- minimum of five+ years’ of progressive, technically sophisticated design experience in architectural, experiential or brand design and a demonstrated ability to apply these skills in ways that elevate consumer experiences at retail
- proven ability to apply and perform design skills, including design strategy, concepting, drawing/sketching, typography, spatial design in scale, 3D modeling, visual presentation development
- knowledge of and sensitivity to current trends in color, design, art, photography and experience design and their application to the athletic industry
- strong oral and written communication skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations to senior management
- ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives and flag concerns to senior management in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses
- ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines and geographies
- proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- positivity and eagerness to do great work in a team environment
- ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
- demonstrated high level expertise using computer design applications including SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite
Please submit your applications using the ‘apply’ link below.