Middleweight/senior graphic designer
at Nissen Richards Studio
Nissen Richards Studio is currently looking to hire an experienced graphic designer to join its busy London studio.
Nissen Richards was founded by architects Pippa Nissen and Jim Richards in 2010 with the purpose of working on arts-based theatre, exhibition, gallery and architectural projects. Based in east London, the firm is multidisciplinary working on a range of project types. We passionately believe in producing the best quality design, that comes from a thoughtful and intelligent process. We thrive on collaborative projects and designing through a thorough process involving debate and research.
In 2014, the practice established an in-house graphic design team that is run by Candy Wall. The studio’s graphic projects range from museum refurbishments and exhibition installations as well as branding and interpretation projects for arts-based clients. Their gallery and exhibition work, the main focus for the graphic designers, is for large international projects and working with high profile UK based institutions including the British Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Imperial War Museum, National Library Norway, British Library, National Portrait Gallery, and the Courtauld Gallery.
We are now looking for an experienced graphic designer to work in the team to deliver our exciting cultural projects. We are also particularly interested in candidates who have skills in working on permanent gallery design work, and interested in working with experimental material research, and have an in interest in organising the production process.
The graphic designer will work closely with the graphics team, but also with the 3D designers, architects and interpretation team.
We are looking for someone who is:
- an excellent designer with a strong visual style and lyrical sensibility
- a team player, and easy to get on with
- inherently professional in attitude
- comfortable and thrives in a collaborative environment
- deadline driven and can manage their time well
- detail focused
- interested in cultural projects
- has production management skills to organise projects and work closely with contractors
The candidate should have experience in:
- • Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- art-working to print production
- liaising with print and production companies
- large scale graphic design or museum, gallery and exhibition process, though this is not essential
Please send a CV and short portfolio (no larger than 5 MB) together with a short cover letter describing why you would be a suitable candidate.
Nissen Richards is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from all.
The role is to work in our studio full time, although we would consider part-time.
No agencies please.
Proof of your eligibility to work in the UK (without restriction) will be required.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to successful candidates.