Piercy&Company is looking for a senior architect to join its London studio.
Piercy&Company is an award-winning Camden-based studio founded in 2002 by architect Stuart Piercy. Our interdisciplinary practice comprises 80+ architects, designers and researchers with a shared passion for materials, form, technology and craft.
We work on projects at every scale, from masterplans and large-scale buildings to interiors and objects. No matter the scale or typology, all are fuelled by the ambition to improve the human experience of how projects are made and how they feel.
We create new forms with traditional techniques while investigating familiar forms with experimental materials. Collaborations with specialist craftspeople and partnerships with academics, universities, engineers and ambitious clients provide our team with an endless source of energy, inspiration and optimism for the future.
The position requires a thoughtful, talented designer who has experience in leading internal and design teams and client liaison.
Excellent experience in RIBA Stage 1 to 3 and Office design is essential and experience in other stages and sectors would also be valued.
The candidate needs to be ARB registered with around seven to ten years’ post-Part 2 experience.
Applicants for the position of senior architect will need to demonstrate that they have all or most of the following skills/experience:
- ability to creatively lead projects at all RIBA stages
- experience in design team coordination and client liaison
- around seven to ten years’ experience post-Part 2 and be ARB registered
- experience with office design
- proficiency in MicroStation and Revit
- strong visualisation skills, preferably using V-Ray, Enscape, Rhino and Photoshop
- experience in later RIBA Stages and a variety of sectors
- eligibility to work in the UK
What we offer
Piercy&Company have an inclusive and collaborative culture and offer several benefits:
- annual profit share scheme
- TOIL policy
- membership of the RIBA pension scheme
- enhanced paternity and maternity leave (after one year of employment)
- training and development opportunities
- studio outings and social events
- access to CPDs and internal talks
- health and wellbeing initiatives – cycle to work scheme, weekly organic fruit delivery, various in-house workshops and activities
- office closed during Christmas period
- and more!
We annually benchmark salaries across the studio based upon the d3 Group’s Architecture Industry Survey, which provides insights from approximately 100 design and architecture practices in London.
Please submit your cover letter, digital CV in PDF format (online links to portfolios will not be accepted) and work examples with ‘Senior architect application’ as the subject heading.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
We actively encourage applications from women, the LGBTQIA+ community and people from ethnic minorities as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the building industry. Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer dedicated to closing this gap and aims to build a workforce of skilled professionals from a range of diverse backgrounds.
We are looking to fill the role as soon as possible, though we understand that an immediate start may not be possible in all cases.