PVH Europe is seeking a concept architecture manager to join its team in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognised for celebrating the essence of ‘classic American cool’ style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, mens, womens and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Tommy Hilfiger Global concept design and development team – based in Amsterdam – is responsible for the design of the Tommy Hilfiger physical consumer touch points on a global scale. We design store and shop-in-shop concepts for all divisions (i.e. sportswear, Tommy Jeans, kids, tailored, UW/SW, outlet), pop-ups for marketing activations and we deliver one-off designs for our brand flagship stores from architecture to fixtures to creative elements, in collaboration with visual merchandising and windows.
Our overall goal is to ensure a clear brand identity and the best consumer experience for our TH consumers around the globe.
- drive and direct Tommy Hilfiger new concepts, retails spaces and/or fixtures with a focus on the architectural elements – from design brief and inspiration to design drawings, from prototyping and test stores to concept and design guidelines, in collaboration with both internal fixture and creative designers as well as external architects and suppliers
- align concept development with functional and commercial needs, working closely with business stakeholders as well as the retail marketing, visual merchandising, buying and planning and store development departments
- manage and guide concept architect and/or junior designer
- advise and support store development project managers on store design questions
- advise and support junior team members in regards of specific design questions
- ensure all required information is available for communication to our stakeholders globally
- present new proposals to stakeholders within the company
He/she reports into the director global store design and development and works very closely with all members of the concept design and development team and the global EVP creative services as well as with other departments cross-functionally.
- master degree in architecture
- a minimum of six years of relevant experience in developing concepts and managing design projects
- with at least one to two years’ managing people (can also be interns)
- knowledge on retail design and its commercial and functional needs (visual merchandising needs/fixture capacity, stability, sustainability, materials, sqm costs, etc. is a plus)
- creative: an eye for detail, passionate, committed and willing to go the extra mile and find the right design solutions
- good routine in CAD drafting and using Adobe Suite plus ability to visualise in 3D (we use mainly SketchUp)
- strong skills in hand-sketching conceptual design ideas, lay-outs and technical drawing
- experience in creating and presenting presentations
- experience in managing design teams, consultants and building relationships with cross-functional teams inside and outside of the company
- fluency to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English
- ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- organised and self-motivated
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team but absolutely a team player
- willing to travel (required up to 20-30%)
Please apply with an up to date portfolio including technical drawings.