Sam Jacob Studio is looking for a qualified job running architect to join its team in London.
Sam Jacob Studio is an international, collaborative architecture and design practice that makes buildings, places, objects and strategies.
We are seeking qualified and experienced architects to join the studio full-time.
The roles offer opportunities to work in our engaged and creative studio on a range of exciting schemes as integral members of our tight-knit team.
You will work on a variety of design-led projects mainly within the culture sector, ranging in scale and across all RIBA stages from concept to construction.
You will lead projects and provide daily oversight of design and technical development of one or more projects.
You will be highly involved in the design process with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Desirable skills and experience:
- three plus years’ of proven experience in all phases of the design process and demonstrable professional experience
- developed skills in client communications, project scheduling, coordination with consultants and construction administration
- ability to deliver technical detailing and working drawing/information packages for tender and construction works
- fluency with Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp
- familiarity with UK building regulations
- experience of coordinating consultant/construction teams and with site management
- a proactive approach to working in a team or self-motivated working independently, you should be able to manage your own time and feel confident in a complex multi-faceted environment
- familiarity with the work of Sam Jacob Studio and a curiosity in the designed world
- excellent English speaking and writing skills
- strong communication skills
To apply please submit your CV, portfolio and examples of professional work (no larger than 5MB) with a short cover letter detailing your suitability to the role and current notice period using the ‘apply’ link below.
The position will be offered on a fixed term contract initially. The starting salary will be negotiated in accordance with professional experience.
Candidates should hold all relevant permits to work in the UK.
Note we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss applications over the phone.