Marcel Wanders is seeking a senior interior designer to join its team in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Marcel Wanders is an internationally renowned studio based in the spirited Dutch capital, Amsterdam. Together with our talented international team of over 50 specialists, we realise exciting projects for premium brands and private clients around the globe. Our mission is to ‘create an environment of love, live with passion, and make our most exciting dreams come true’. Our thriving, inspiring studio space is located in the heart of the creative Jordaan district.
If this sounds like the place you want to work? Well read on, because we’re currently looking for a talented senior interior designer.
As a senior interior designer you translate the projects briefings into strong concept designs. You have an obsession of getting every detail right and your captivating way of story-telling blows everybody away. Flexibility to work on several projects at the same time is your second nature. You have continuous overview and feel comfortable with all stages of interior design. The concepts you deliver are daring and innovative and in keeping with the narrative style of the Marcel Wanders studio. With your knowledge and experience you give guidance to more junior designers in our Interior Design team. You are experienced with designing custom fixturing, details and lighting layout and are able to produce finished plans, specifications, and material selections. You are at home working with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives. As a proactive team player with excellent organisation skills you add value to our team with your magnificent ideas that go beyond everyone’s imagination.
Skills and experience:
- eight+ years’ experience working on large-scale, high-end, international hospitality projects
- conceptual approach and experience in specifying FF&E and styling materials and colours
- proven experience of guiding other designers
- able to work both in a team and independently
- good understanding of consumer behaviour and able to apply this to design concepts and narratives
- proven experience with (VectorWorks/Adobe Suite)
- excellent technical drawing skills
- skilled in free hand sketches
- strong graphic aesthetic and ability to apply these to the built environment
- fluent in English, verbal and written
- living in Amsterdam or willingness to re-locate to Amsterdam
- European working visa